Wednesday, May 13, 2009

1/3 of the way to guaranteeing entry

After being sidelined from running with what my cousin diagnosed as IT Band Syndrome for about a week and a half, I was finally completely pain-free on Thursday and Friday, and with a race in Central Park scheduled for Sunday, I went out for a jog on Friday evening when I got back from work. My sister was in town and wanted to join, so she and I headed out for a 5k loop around Russell Gardens and part of Great Neck Estates.

About halfway through, my sister had to stop to walk (she has a bad back), but she told me to keep going, so I did. The rest of the run felt like it was entirely uphill. It was just like having a conversation with Beth. Still, I did it, in under 30 minutes, and with not that much pain in my leg after.

The next day, my cousin told me it would be alright for me to take some of my brother-in-law's mobic, a prescription anti-inflammatory, to keep my leg from getting bad again, and it turns out, mobic is my new best friend. That stuff works great. I took it before the 4 mile race on Sunday, and never felt any pain, other than some soreness for a couple of days after.

This week, I have a 10k in the park on Saturday morning, and I'm hoping that I'll have time to get 4-5 miles in tomorrow night to stay loose for it, since I've done nothing since the race on Sunday. This stupid class that I'm taking to stay licensed as an attorney in New Jersey has taken up basically all of my free time, though, and I need to finish homework for that before I can go out to run.

1 comment:

  1. Just getting caught up...and I just wanted to note that I am shocked and impressed at your ability to not make fun of me for slowing down in the middle of a run.

    ReplyDelete