Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chocolately Sickness

Not as much has happened on the Beth front as on the Moser front. Last week I thought I hurt my knee so I essentially only did the elliptical one day. However, Sunday I was signed up for the Hot Chocolate 15k. For those of you not down with our friends the metric system that's about 9.3 miles. I really did not want to run Sunday but I woke up and dragged myself there.

It was actually pretty cold Sunday morning, but I knew I would warm up during the run. Therefore, I wore sweats there and figured I would wear a long sleeve shirt and shorts to run in. So, I was sitting there freezing and waiting for the race to start with my sweats on. Approximately half an hour before the race starts I checked my "gear." This essentially means I decided to stand around in shorts and a long sleeve shirt in 40 degree weather for about half an hour. For those of you thinking...that sounds cold...yes it was.

According to the offical time I wound up finishing the race with about a 9 min 8 sec mile pace. However, I am pretty sure it would have been a lot faster, but I stopped for a potty break and I think the people in the port o johns were having stomach problems because although there was no line, it took me about 3 min to get into the stall. Therefore, I give myself the benefit of the doubt and say my time was actually much faster if not for my pit stop. :)

Needless to say, the race is the gift that keeps on giving and I am now pretty congested. I also got to enjoy watching old people blow by me while I was running. I know we compete against ourselves when we run, but it was somewhat demoralizing to have the 60 year old guy blow past me. Since I am so fast, I am guessing he was a former Olympian. I have been taking it wasy since Sunday, but I inted to get back in the saddle and go for a run tomorrow....yeah.

On a side note, congrats to Moser's lady who ran the marathon last weekend and set a PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment