Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Jogging Jewsus is No Longer a-jogging

I don't know how many people know this. But I injured myself relatively badly last Saturday morning during my run. Running the marathon looks like a no go. It's extremely disappointing, and I am pretty irritated but I guess my old body just couldn't handle the stress. If you are interested in the details read on.

I was at about mile 3.5 on my 12 mile run last Saturday morning when all of a sudden I felt a pop in my knee. I didn't know what it was but I took another step and felt an immense amount of pain radiating up my leg. I stopped for a minute and tried to walk on it and my knee was in a ridiculous amount of pain.

Unfortunately I was running on the trail and still about half a mile from where the Team In Training people were and there was no place for cars to back up to. I started gimping along and immediately called my boyfriend to come pick me up. It really really sucked cause I had to gimp like half a mile back. But the hero that he is, Jack met me about 100 feet from his car and carried me to the car.

I haven't gone to the doctor yet, but if the pain continues I will. Speculation is that I pulled something in my knee. I would like to push through it and train, but this is my only body and I don't want to screw up my knee more. I have been limping, but my knee is starting to feel better and I have earned the affectionate nickname from my co-workers as "Hopalong Cassidy." I am sorry if I let anyone down, and I guess I am pretty upset. However, I am still flying to Orlando to support Moser and I wish him well in spite of all the crap talking.

Time for one last you know what grinds my gears: You know what really grinds my gears...training for a marathon and running miles and raising money for a great cause and then having your supposedly young body crap out on you. Please continue to donate to Moser and this is an amazing cause that benefits so many people. Anyways, at least for now... Jogging Jewsus out!

No comments:

Post a Comment