Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 months to go

Yes that's right, yesterday was exactly 3 months before the 2010 Disney Marathon. I went to the Saturday morning TNT group run and did 8 miles in Central Park. The loop formed by 72nd, 102nd, and East and West Park Drives is 4 miles, so we ran it twice. There are about 40 or 50 TNTers that meet in the Park for the runs, but we split up into different levels of expertise (and some people are training for a half marathon), so I ended up spending most of the run with 6 or 8 people that were going my pace, 9:15 or so/mile.

Everyone was complaining about the hills in Central Park. I invite them to run anywhere around Great Neck. You'd think it would be relatively flat, what with it being a small peninsula, but that is really not the case.

Today was the Chicago Marathon - congratulations to Kristin, Andrea, Mike, Dan, Lynn, and anyone else that ran it! Beth was scheduled to work in a tent at the race, so I'm sure she'll dazzle you with stories of frigid 35 degree weather and other pleasant things.

I also found out today that I know how to change a bicycle tire. I had no idea that I had that ability. My bicycle is back in working order, and I celebrated with a 10 mile ride to recover from yesterday's long run. I now carry a spare tube, a patching kit, and a tire pump, so that I'll never have to walk my bicycle home on a flat tire again.

This week, my only goal is to stick to the entire training schedule, including strengthening workouts, which I've been awful at keeping up with. Probably been better at it than Beth, though. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment