Monday, April 6, 2009

I lost 10 pounds in just 10 days!

Obviously that's not true. See, I'm not really weighing myself all that much. I have a goal weight, and it'd be nice to get to it, but the fact of the matter is, I'm planning to train for 2 marathons in the next 19 months, so I figure I'll get to that goal regardless of how much I track it. So from time to time, when I feel like it, usually once or twice a month, I'll get on a scale, but I'm not really paying all that much attention to it.

The thing is, I always weigh myself on the scale in the bathroom at our house. Today I was at the gym and figured I'd weigh myself on the scale in the locker room. I lost an amazing 10 pounds in just 10 days by switching scales. I recommend you do it if you're trying to lose a lot of weight fast.

At the gym today, after 5 or 6 days off, I remembered that I'm signed up for a 10k this Saturday and a 4mi a week from Sunday, so I went for 5 miles, starting at 6.1 mph and increasing by .1 each mile, with a sprint in the last quarter mile. I think it took about 47 minutes, but I was stuck on a treadmill that was facing a TV with one of my biggest peeves.

First of all, with a couple of exceptions that are for some reason different, you can't watch the individual TVs on the treadmills and bikes unless you plug in a pair of headphones, and while I'd like to watch TV while listening to music, I always forget a second pair of headphones. That means I'm basically running while facing a reflection of me. I know that bugs Beth on the small percentage of times when she's facing her reflection out of the few times she actually exercises, but every gym I've belonged to has something like that, so I'm used to it. The problem is, the treadmill was at a very slight angle to the treadmill. I don't know if this is normal or if it makes me really, really vain, but when that happens, I have a tendency to run towards my reflection, which is a problem for my ankles, because that is not where the conveyor belt is going. But somehow, I managed to make it through

Then, I had Wendy's for dinner. But I got a small meal, and I got iced tea with sweetener instead of Coke, so I figure it worked as a followup to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment