Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On the road again

I wouldn't say I'm all the way up to 100% in recovering from not feeling good on Friday, largely because I'm an idiot and didn't reduce how much I ate even though my stomach hurt, so I didn't want to do my usual 5 miles today. I kept it to a mere 5k, outdoors, near my house.

Why outdoors? One of my friends said it was a nice day for a run. She was almost right. About 5 or 10 degrees warmer, or a sweatshirt or jogging pants, would have been a nice upgrade. Instead, my fingers wouldn't uncurl when I got home until I ran them under hot water for like 10 minutes.

Still, the run was nice. I finished it up in 30:08, and it wasn't really that cold. I was just a little underdressed. As usual for a run near my house, there were small to medium hills all over the place...something people who run in or near, say, Chicago, wouldn't know anything about.

I've learned that I'm a nodder when I run. That is to say, when I pass another runner, I give the little nod to acknowledge them. Really, how tough is it to nod back? I get why someone wouldn't do it in the first place, but I don't get why some people don't do it back when it's done to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment