Sunday, September 27, 2009

Aah Chicago in the Summer

So today I kicked it up a notch and I did 8 miles. That was what the Team in Training Schedule said to do. It was perfect running weather and approximately 70 degrees. We live about 2 miles from the lake front. Therefore, I ran the 2 miles there and 2 miles along the lakefront.I have to say it made me appreciate what I love about Chicago. The lake was gorgeous, as was the skyline. Chicago skyline in the summer has to be seen at least one point in your life. It's an amazing break from the hustle and bustle of the city. There are beaches, boats, restaurants, water, set amid an amazing backdrop of Navy Pier and the Chicago skyline. I would have taken a picture, but no way in heck I am carrying a camera during my run.

When all was said and done I wound up doing my 8 miles, one of the longest runs I have done, in about 1 hour and 13 minutes. Not bad at all and it worked out to like 9:12 miles. I even surprised myself a bit. Next weekend I will be in New York, and the great forces that are Beth and Moser will combine for a training run. Now I have talked to Moser and he did 6 miles a 9:12. I am not going to say I did better...but I certainly did go longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment