Monday, March 9, 2009

Boring workout

I was going to go for a jog...but I did that yesterday, and I don't like to do the same workout on consecutive days.

So instead I was going to hop on a bike...but I signed up for spin class tomorrow, and, well, you know the rest.

So, for a while I was just going to skip the gym. But then, I had an appetizer of cookies, and followed that up with some cookie hors d'oeuvres. I started thinking that maybe I should at least do something exercise-related. At least I'd get the added benefit of not giving Beth any material when she gets home from her personal trainer and reads this. I headed over to the gym, and I used some of the machines that I've already done, along with some crunches and push-ups, and threw in a leg press, for about 45 minutes.

Since I'm running the NYRR 8000 (just under 5 mi) on Saturday morning, I took the unusual move of planning out my exercise for the week in advance. Tomorrow will be the spin class, Wednesday will be a 3.5 mile run (hopefully outside), Thursday I'm learning the Sports Club XpressLine, an 8-machine group that promises a full body workout in 22 minutes, and Friday I'm picking up my race materials and hopefully sleeping at someone's apartment in the city (I'm talking to you, people I know who live in the city). The race will be my first qualifier towards the nine I'll need to gain automatic entry into the 2010 New York City marathon, which will probably be my last marathon for a while.

1 comment: