Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The wrong stuff

I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Maybe it was because I jumped right into the run at 6.3 mph instead of my usual 6.0 or 6.1, maybe it was something else, maybe I was just having an off day, but whatever it was, that workout sucked. Instead of my planned 3.5 mi run with a 1% incline and increasing speeds, I did a 3.11 mi (5k) run, with no incline for most of the second half and decreasing speeds down to 6.0, including a 2/10 mi walk in the middle.

That's so lousy I can't even make fun of it. It's too much of a joke on its own. Saturday's 8k better be an improvement over that.

Speaking of Saturday's 8k, my friend turns 27 on Monday, so he and his girlfriend are inviting people out to happy hour Friday night to celebrate. I figure that should go just fine for me the next morning. I did the Soldier Field 10 mi run last May in Chicago, and the night before, I went out for beers and free wings. Ended up running the whole thing even though I hadn't prepared for the race at all and had been sure for days that I'd be walking by the second mile. Beth beat me that day, but I'll have my vengeance at Disney. Oh yes...I shall have my vengeance.

By the way, I've never seen anybody open the curtain to an occupied changing room at my gym. I guess the people around here are just a little smarter than the people around Glenview.

No comments:

Post a Comment