Sunday, March 1, 2009

Unlazy Sunday

If you listen really carefully, you can hear the sound of Beth not working out.

Apparently, my household was not the only one that thought it would be a good idea to get to the supermarket today, with a forecast of 10 to 14 inches of snow overnight. While spending the better part of the afternoon there after the gym, I had plenty of time to realize this about one of the people I kept passing in every aisle: If you have 3 chins, and you're wearing spandex, you're pissing everyone else off.

Only in New York would it be a superstore.

Good news! My cousin gave me a diagnosis over e-mail on that ankle pain I get. It looks like I might have Achilles tendinitis! I looked it up, and it seems to be a problem in people who increase their activity significantly after a long period of not moving at all. Shocking that that would affect me, when I didn't move at all for the first 21 years of my life and most of the past 5 years as well. Hopefully his advice, to stretch in the morning and at night, in addition to what I already do before I run, helps it out.

So last night I had one of the more exciting Saturday nights I've had in a while. After the 4 hours of sleep, 3 hours of walking, and 4 miles of running, I made it to about 9:30 PM before I realized that I had no idea what TV show I had been watching for the past half hour because I could barely keep my eyes open. So I turned out the light, got into bed, and was passed out by 10. On a Saturday. Am I cool or what? On the plus side, I slept for 11 hours, and I was ready for today's workout.

I had my free personal trainer workout with the new gym today. It was pretty good, I learned a lot of new exercises, but since it was just a sample of what I could get with a trainer, it was more about doing a little bit of everything than doing a few things a lot, which would have been a better workout. Still, it's good to know a handful of new exercises to do, and many of them I can do from home if I want.

Wait, I thought I just heard Beth lacing up her running shoes.

Oh, no, sorry, that was just the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment