Thursday, March 5, 2009

It is so on.

Yeah, that's right, I matched the 4.5 miles with a 1% incline that Beth did a week or two ago.

Wait, what's that? Beth did it at 6 mph? Well, that's pretty good, I guess, if she's trying to beat a turtle. Personally, I thought it would be more of a challenge if I went a little quicker than that. You know, more of a 6.1 for 2 1/2 miles, 6.3 for a mile, 6.5 with a sprint from 7 to 8 at the end kind of a thing. But yeah, I guess if she wants to get all excited about going the distance at what is essentially a brisk walk, or going a tiny bit further while running on what is basically a simulation of a padded cushion of air (she failed to mention that she didn't put in that 1% incline to make it feel more like real running), good for her. Whatever gets her to sleep at night.

Anyway, I knocked out the 4.5 just in time to pick up a few friends for ten cent wings, because, in addition to the cholesterol, calories, and fat, chicken wings have an iota of protein, and nothing washes down a good run better than a couple beers. Then I hung out with a couple of them until a few minutes ago, and now I have to go to sleep, because my alarm clock is going off in 5 hours whether I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment