Tuesday, February 17, 2009

5k..oh that's cute

So, for those of my loyal fans who miss the "witty half" of the blog, I am back. For the ones of you who read this thing, I was in Vegas. Sure, running was probably fun for Moser, but you know what else is fun...going on vacation to Vegas. Anyways, although I havent worked out in a week I did 4.5 miles today in 43:20. Yes, Moser your 5k was cute and fun, but its nice to know that even after taking a week off, I am still the strong half of Jews for Jogging.

Anyways, on a side note. I was at the gym today and I saw this young looking girl wearing an Illinois State University shirt, which for those of you who dont know is my alma matter. When we were leaving the locker room I asked her if she went to ISU, and she looked at me like I was crazy. Her friend then piped up and said she was thinking about going to ISU. The girl who was wearing the ISU shirt then turned to her friend and said "why did she ask me that?" To which her friend pointed out she was wearing an ISU t-shirt. This should give you an idea into how intelligent they were.

I then proceeded to tell them I went to Illinois State for undergrad. They asked me if I go there now (apparently listening was not their strong suit), and I explained I graduated 4 years ago and I am 25. At this point, the one girls face got a disgusted look, as if to say 25 is close to death. She then told me I look like a teenager. I dont think this teenager realized this was a compliment, but I was pretty psyched. Then I thought about it, and I really did graduate college 4 yrs ago, my how time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment