Sunday, February 15, 2009

Beth, how were your workouts this weekend?

I'm sure you're all wondering where the witty half of Jews for Jogging has been the past few days while I did 30 minutes on a bike on Thursday, a 5K on the treadmill yesterday, and another 25 minutes on the bike this afternoon (at level 10 on a new machine, which, I can only assume, made the workout roughly the equivalent of riding up the steep side of Mt. Kilimanjaro).

Beth, unfortunately, has decided to let me take a massive lead in our little workout non-competition, if one can have a lead in a non-competition. It's no big deal. I've spent roughly an hour and a half exercising out over the past 4 days while she has spent.....no time at all working out.

In all fairness, she hasn't been working out because she's on a weekend trip to Vegas, but I think it's important to note that, when she gets back, I will be absolutely destroying her.

Also this weekend, I made a decision on the New Jersey Triathlon that I was thinking about doing in July. I will not be doing it. Not because I don't think I'll be ready, but because it is on July 28, and I will probably be in Chicago that day, thanks to a Billy Joel/Elton John concert at Wrigley and the Illinois Bar exam.

So, if anyone knows of any other sprint distance triathlons (that's about a quarter mile in the water, about 11 or 12 miles on bike, and 5k on foot) in the NY tri-state area, preferably taking place in early to mid July or early August, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment