Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Timeline of my day

5:15:00 AM: Alarm goes off. Snooze.
5:30:00 AM: Alarm goes off. Snooze again.
5:45:00 AM: Alarm goes off. First thought: "Damn. It's early." Get out of bed, shower, get ready, walk the dog, accidentally leave her water bowl on the counter all day instead of emptying it and refilling it with fresh water for her like I intended, walk to the train station way too early, just barely miss the train before my regular ride, stand outside in the cold for 15 minutes, go to work.
8:00:00 AM: Work.
3:05:00 PM: Walk into the convenience store and immediately slam knee directly into shelves.
3:05:01 PM: Hop around cursing like a fool.
3:05:03 PM: No chance of running today. This hurts.
3:05:07 PM: Man, this really hurts. Definitely no 5k like I had planned. Not going to run at all. Might not even go to the gym.
6:00:00 PM: Get home from work. Give the dog water.
6:30:00 PM: Run 5k (30:30).

Not really sure how that worked out. My knee still hurts whenever I move, except that it was completely fine while I was running, and it didn't get any worse after, so I'm not complaining. I had this one thing I get every other run or so in my left leg where it kind of feels like someone keeps adding lead weights to my ankle. There's probably a more medical way of describing it, but I don't know it.

Anyway, the moral of the story is, don't walk full speed directly into any solid objects. If you can, avoid objects entirely. It hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment