Monday, February 23, 2009

A day off

I took today off from working out, because I needed to make sure I had plenty of room for 25 cent wings. I think it's important to use rest days to gorge yourself on as much food as humanly possible.

But, I never wrote what I did yesterday, and since a large point of this blog was to track my workouts, I figured I should put that in. I got home from Florida pretty early and after picking up the dog at the vet, I headed over to the gym. After doing the 4 miles outside on Saturday, I felt really good about running, and wanted to do it again, but since I don't like doing the same workout two days in a row, I shortened the distance and added inclines. I ended up doing about 2.5 miles on the Alpine Pass program, which ranged between 1 and 5% incline. Solid workout, but I didn't feel like I had done quite enough, so I did some crunches/pushups/pulldowns/etc. for a little bit before leaving.

Tomorrow I hit the treadmill for at least 4 miles, and I'm aiming for 4.5. And hey, who knows, maybe Beth actually worked out today and will come up with a post of her own...

No comments:

Post a Comment