Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Those were good wings.

First of all, let me just say this: I am protecting the world from a potential chicken overpopulation disaster, one wing at a time. Beth may have saved one life, but I'm saving everyone. You're all welcome.

Now, on to the 4.5 mile workout. I must say, having something to run for, like, say, an attractive blonde exercising on the machines right in front of you, can really be a great motivator. But there were times I had my doubts that I would go that far. For example, you know that stitch that shows up to the right of your stomach, and you look down at it, and you could swear it says to you, "Hey, there. I'm Steve, and I'm here to mess up your run for the next twenty minutes or so"? Yeah, that happened about a mile in. But it never got too bad, and once I pushed past 5k, it was pretty much a done deal.

So, admittedly, I did it on an incline of 0, and I know Beth bumped it up to, I believe, 1% on her run last night, and I'm sure that, at 6.0 mph with a sprint at the end, I did it slower than her. Still, she has to be a little nervous that I kicked off 2009 with a handful of runs where I couldn't even break through about 1.5 miles, and less than a month later, I'm almost up to where she is. Between that and keeping humanity safe from the devastation that would accompany a chicken rampage, I'm pretty sure that bumps me up to "slightly better person than Beth."

Last I heard, they're already up to 700 chickens per person in Slower Lower Delaware. I'm just saying, we have to be careful.

1 comment:

  1. Moser, just want to say that I'm proud of you.

    ...for eating all those damn wings. Haha, no but really it sounds like you've made some pretty sweet progress in your running since the beginning of the year. Remember back when you ran that half-marathon when working at the King? I was totally envious of your ability to do that, and that envy is partially what got me to go for my first marathon. So yeah, thanks for that. And keep up the good work. I know you'll do well at Disney.

    Btw, I don't know who this Beth chick is, but since there appears to be a rivalry between the two of you on this blog, I'll just put it out there that I'm on Team Moser. MO-SER! MO-SER! MO-SER!

    ReplyDelete