Friday, February 20, 2009

pain everywhere

So, I have been pretty lazy about this blog, I might be the witty half of it, but I also might be the lazy half. Luckily, I just got to work and don't want to do any actual work, so here I find myself. Anyways, I would take the time to comment on Moser's libel in detail, but here's the thing, if you know both of us, I think you know which one of us is more athletic, and generally a better person. If you are reading this, and you are only Moser's friend...well why on earth are you hanging with him. Find yourself a better friend.

Anyways, so Wednesday night I went to the gym and did my same 4.5 mile set. However, last night I decided to switch it up and try open recreational volleyball at the park distric by my house. I am pretty sure no one here remembers our sweet volleyball team from a couple summers ago, aptly and hilariously named (by myself I might add) "involuntarily celibate." So, on that team, we basically sucked ass, a bunch of uncoordinated law students trying to pass as athletes, some of us were good, but for the most part, we were a mess. Anyways, that was also recreational, so I figured this would be something similar. Yeah not so much...

I get into the gym and it is filled with all men in their 20-40's. They are doing spiking drills and setting drills, and it looked like a volleyball camp. So I find these two guys to play with, and we hit around innocently enough. Then it comes to the "hitting drills." This basically means spiking the crap out of the ball. Now, I am 5'4" my body is not meant for spiking. I watch these drills then its time for the game. Finally, another chick shows up but she is in like full vball regalia. It was right about then I could tell I was screwed. A few women showed up later, and they also looked like behemoths. They might be good at volleyball, but I think I was the hottest...well maybe not, but you all weren't there, so yeah...I was the hottest.

Anyways, the game commenced and every play they had to set up a spike. I cant spike so they basically ignored me on the court and ran in front of me. That was until the ball would be 10 feet away from me and then they stared at me, so I would do Superman leaps to try and get these balls...we are playing in a gym. Needless to say I am in a lot of pain and have a lot of bruises. I am going to try to go running tonight, but my whole body feels like a lead weight. I will just stick to what my lil Jewish uncoordinated body allows and run in straight lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment