Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Congratulations Bar exam takers

Beth was yakking throughout the work day that she was going to run 5 miles tonight, whereas I canceled my spot in a spin class to get a beer with my friend that had just finished the Bar exam. The beer was as much for me as it was for her - she caused me more stress by studying for her test than I had studying for it myself last July. Since I was pretty set on trying the spin class at the new gym, when I canceled, I was even thinking about skipping the gym entirely. When I mentioned that to Beth, of course, she pointed out that relentless Jews for Jogging mockery would ensue.

But, after the beer, I caught the 7:01 express back to Long Island and headed over to the gym to at least do a bike ride. I set it for half an hour of random hills, but unfortunately had to cut it about 3 minutes short because of a shooting pain in the back of my right ankle (which usually happens in my left ankle, about once or twice a month, in the first quarter mile of a jog, but has now happened in my right leg towards the end of the past two times I've ridden an exercise bike). After that I did a few random exercises - crunches, push ups, something you lean on so you're kind of doing an upside-down sit up (it works your lower back), and a pull-down bar.

Meanwhile, as for Beth's 5 mile run? Here's what she texted me when I asked how far she jogged: "Instead of going to the gym I am going downtown to eat and drink with my bro." I don't think I even need to go through the effort of mocking her. That just speaks for itself. Pretty sure I take the gold medal for today.

2 comments:

  1. So, sometimes in life we make sacrifices for our friends. Leah, I am sorry that Adam Brett Moser thinks 3 minutes on an exercise bike and 5 sit ups is more important than what will probably be one the biggest days of your life. I guess he is only 1 beer's worth of friend. Myself, my brother, my own blood, took the bar examination yesterday. And to celebrate I had some dinner with him, because I care about him. The exercise bicycle will be there tomorrow and the next day, but these moments that make up the people we care about's lives, they are fleeting. At least one of us tries to cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally picture you guys arguing about this if you were in the same room...it's kind of scary.
    I'm just impressed you are doing any of this...I have been playing on my wii fit and I'm exhausted!!
    Can't wait to cheer you on in Florida!!

    ReplyDelete